Schematic Design Concept
Pfluger Architects, having met with Del Valle ISD leadership, Staff, community members, and Del Valle ISD Trustees, have developed a schematic building design using the feedback they gained during these initial collaborative meetings.
The schematic design elements are inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
Schematic Design Concept Elements:
- Both schools will have a one-story floor plan but could have different finishes or materials to make them unique from one another.
- 800 Student Functional capacity / 1,000 Student Architectural capacity
- Approximately 99,600 square feet overall
- Grades served: Pre-K through 5th grade
- Separate drop-offs for autos and buses
- Covered canopies at drop-offs for shade and inclement weather
- Two playgrounds (age-appropriate)
- Secured outdoor spaces with fencing
- PE play area near the gymnasium
- Landscaping will be minimal and easily maintained
- Courtyards will consider shade, security, and access to make them more usable to students and staff
- Furniture will be age-appropriate to allow for the flexible use of space
- Library, gym, and cafeteria should be easily accessible after hours without giving access to the whole school. This includes access to toilets.