Schematic Design Concept
Stantec Architects, having met with Del Valle ISD leadership, Staff, and community members, have developed a schematic building design using the feedback they gained during these initial collaborative meetings.
The schematic design elements are inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
Schematic Design Concept Elements:
- The new middle school will have a one-story floor plan.
- 1000 Student Functional capacity / 1,200 Student Architectural capacity
- Approximately 175,000 square feet
- Grades served: 6th through 8th grade
- Separate drop-offs for autos and buses
- Covered canopies at drop-offs for shade and inclement weather
- Athletics – artificial turf football field with a track, a practice football field, and tennis courts
- Secured outdoor spaces with fencing
- Landscaping will be minimal and easily maintained
- Courtyards will consider shade, security, and access to make them more usable to students and staff
- Furniture will be age appropriate allow for the flexible use of space
- Library, gym, and cafeteria should be easily accessible after hours without giving access to the whole school. This includes access to toilets.